All factory applied UV cured aluminum oxide surfaces on Stone Mountain Flooring prefinished floors are warranted by Stone Mountain Flooring not to wear through for 30 years from the date of purchase. Flooring must be used under normal residential traffic conditions, and care and maintenance instructions, provided by Stone Mountain Flooring, must be followed for warranty to be valid. Warranty provisions extend to the original purchaser only.
In addition, Stone Mountain Flooring warrants prefinished hardwood flooring against manufacturing defects caused by improper milling, grading, and coating. Damages caused by improper transportation, storage, and installation in improper environments or climates are not covered. Stone Mountain Flooring is liable only for the defective flooring that exceeds 5% of the original hardwood flooring purchase order, and will only repair or replace such defective material, excluding the cost of transportation, storage, and installation.
Stone Mountain Flooring unfinished floors carries the same warranty as above, with exception to surface finish. Stone Mountain Flooring accepts no responsibility for finishes applied to unfinished products.
The following is not covered under this warranty agreement:
- Indentations, scratches or damage caused by negligence, water, sand, and abuse.
- Natural occurring changes in color from exposure to light.
- Failure to provide proper environmental conditions, including but not limited to maintaining proper humidity levels. Humidity level should not go below 35%. If the humidity in the building goes below 35% or exceeds 55% and causes cracking, delaminating, shrinkage, expansion, buckling, cupping, crowning or any other movements that alter the flooring the warranty is void.
- Warranties are void if installed over radiant heat.
- Failure to follow manufacturer's installation instructions, including but not limited to failure to use approved adhesives, moisture barriers, surface checking resulting from low relative humidity and/or mildew, discoloration, or cupping resulting from extreme sub-floor moisture.
- Poor installation workmanship.
- Improper care and maintenance
All woods are sensitive to light and/or oxygen, and over time, will change color, developing a unique patina. Native species, such as Cherry, darken over time. Walnut, on the other hand, lightens. In general, water based finishes tend to inhibit the degree of change, while oil based finishes allow a more pronounced change to occur.
Terms and Conditions
The terms of this warranty become valid upon final payment and successful installation of the product. The use of floor care products other than those recommended by Stone Mountain Flooring may damage flooring and void this warranty. Inquiries regarding this warranty should be directed to the party from whom the original purchase was made.
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH ABOVE, Stone Mountain Flooring MAKES NO WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WHETHER RELATING TO MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR OTHERWISE, AND Stone Mountain Flooring DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES NOT EXPRESSLY SET FOR THE ABOVE.